Celebrate the State of the City, 7/29
Join us for a day of fun and find out about all the great things happening in our community at the annual State of the City event.
At a Glance
- Listen to the Mayor’s State of the City Address
- Celebrate Community Award winners
- Enjoy fun activities for the whole family
- Pitch in as a volunteer for the event
When: Saturday July 29, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Sunnyvale Civic Center, 456 W. Olive Ave.
State of the City Address and Community Awards Ceremony
Mayor Glenn Hendricks will deliver the annual State of the City address, followed by the City Council’s presentation of the Sunnyvale Community Awards. These awards honor the contributions of some of the residents who make Sunnyvale a special place to live.
Award nominations were accepted from the community this summer and reviewed by a panel of former Community Awards winners.
This year’s awardees are:
- Rachel Hildebrand, Outstanding High School Senior
- Pamela Cheng, Outstanding Educator
- Joe Antuzzi, Outstanding Businessperson
- Cherry Chase Elementary School and Cumberland Elementary School, Outstanding Environmental
- California Theatre Center, Outstanding Contribution to the Arts
- Mike Klein, Distinguished Resident
- Valerie Suares, Outstanding Community Volunteer
Mayor Hendricks will also present the special Mayor’s Award of Excellence. By tradition, this award winner is not named until the ceremony.
In addition to the Mayor's State of the City address and Community Awards presentation, come enjoy a street festival. W. Olive Avenue will be closed between Charles Street and All America Way for the festivities.
The schedule includes:
- Family Fun Zone activities, including a henna artist, face painting, balloon artist, rock wall and inflatable obstacle course
- Live magic, comedy and hula shows
- Footgolf and other interactive sports
- Food trucks
- Origami lessons
- Bicycle helmet inspections
- A preview of the new Town Center development and other major development and capital improvement projects throughout Sunnyvale
- Opportunities to explore the City’s new website and learn more about Sunnyvale’s new brand and logo
- A look at Sunnyvale’s new residential food scraps program and samples of the new FoodCycle cart
- Interactive surveys on the Civic Center Master Plan and the Master Plan for Public Art
- A chance to get involved with local nonprofits and organizations doing great work in Sunnyvale
Mobile App for the Event
The State of the City event will once again feature an app to help make the celebration more interactive.
Download the event app to your iPad, iPhone or Android for access to:
- The full event schedule
- Social sharing
- Detailed information about speakers, activities and performances
- Notifications of important updates and special offers
How to Get the App:
For more information
Alisha Rodrigues, 408-730-7599
July 9, 2017