Public Art - Call for Artists
Help beautify our public spaces. We are looking for California artists, individuals or teams, to contribute to the City's public art in Sunnyvale.
Our Art in Public Places program is offering commissions to artists for a variety of public art projects.
We are accepting Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) for the following opportunities:
Fair Oaks Park Renovation RFQ (15 MB PDF)
Washington Community Swim Center RFQ
The RFQs include project and submission details.
Important: We will not consider incomplete submissions.
To apply for this call, please submit the following items:
- Completed coversheet (Use form provided at the end of this application)
- Professional references (minimum of 2)
- Artist statement
- Letter of interest (1‐2 pages), including an outline of your qualifications and relevant experience, interest in this project and a general approach to this project
- 6‐10 images of previous works
- Annotated image descriptions, including title, date, location, materials, art budget, and a brief description (up to 5 sentences). For team application, please indicate the lead artist for each project
- Optional: A rough sketch of a proposed design can be included, but is not required. (Artists will not be held to, nor reimbursed for, any preliminary sketches.)
Submission Deadline - Updated
All applications must be received by Monday, Oct. 14, 2019.
August 30, 2019